David Jenkinson talks to ecancer at the Cancer Research UK Brain Tumour Conference 2018 in London about the collaboration between The Brain Tumour Charity and Cancer Research UK in order to fund new research in the brain cancer field.
The grant aims to tackle 6 main themes:
1) Unlocking new insights into brain tumours using neuroscience
2) Unpicking brain tumours’ biology to design more effective drugs
3) Exploiting the brain tumour environment to make better treatments
4) Developing more accurate ways to study brain tumours
5) Improving brain tumour diagnosis to make treatment more personal
6) Develop kinder treatments for brain tumours
For more, read the press release.