What we do
- We raise the standards of care for cancer patients across the world through education.
- We achieve this by removing the financial and geographical barriers healthcare professionals face to accessing the highest quality knowledge about how to treat people with cancer globally.
- We aim to ensure that every patient across the world receives the best care possible in their setting and shares the benefits from any new discoveries and developments.
- We support tens of thousands of medical professionals worldwide every month to learn new skills, update their knowledge and improve the care their patients receive.
- We are a UK charity (registered charity number: 1176307) who needs your help to ensure we can save lives through education
Why we do what we do
- Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for nearly 10 million deaths in 2020, or nearly one in six deaths.
- Many cancers can be cured if detected early and treated effectively. [World Health Organisation]
“If we stop research entirely, if we never spend another dime on finding new cures, we could still save thousands more lives by doing just 1 thing: breaking down the barriers and sharing the knowledge that already exists,”
Dr Jill Biden, Biden Cancer Initiative, USA
How we do it