At an expert to expert discussion at ASCO GU congress 2014, Dr Chris Parker from The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, United Kingdom is joined by Professor Stephane Oudard from Georges Pompidou Hospital, Paris, France to discuss the latest clinical strategies used to treat metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- The impact of prior endocrine therapy on radiographic progression-free survival in patients with chemotherapy-naive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: results from COU-AA-302
- The response to androgen signaling-directed therapy after treatment with abiraterone acetate in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: post-hoc analysis of study
- The association of alkaline phosphatase with clinical outcomes in chemotherapy-naive patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: results from COU-AA-302
- Data from the PREVAIL trial
The discussion looks at the potential future of the evolving treatment options in CRPC in terms of:
- Understanding clinical strategies to overcome androgen resistance
- Understanding what treatment options are available for patients with CRPC
- Determining the correct sequence for the use of newly available drugs for the management of CRPC
- Identifying patient sub-groups that can optimally benefit from new treatment approaches
This programme has been supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Janssen Pharmaceutica (A Johnson & Johnson Company).