At an expert to expert discussion at the ASCO GU congress 2014, Dr Chris Parker from The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, United Kingdom is joined by Dr Kurt Miller from the Benjamin Franklin Medical Center, Berlin, Germany to examine the use of enzalutamide and abiraterone acetate in men with mCRPC and asks what the future may look like for prostate cancer patients.
The discussion includes:
- Clinical strategies to overcome androgen resistance
- What treatment options are available for patients with CRPC
- Determining the correct sequence for the use of newly available drugs for the management of CRPC and issues with cross resistance
- Identification of patient sub-groups that can optimally benefit from new treatment approaches using predictive markers
- Future predictions on treatment based on the results of the PREVAIL trial
- Where Ra-223 fits into the treatment landscape
This programme has been supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Janssen Pharmaceutica (A Johnson & Johnson Company).