Immunotherapy significantly increases the number of patients free from bowel cancer

Share :
Published: 14 Jun 2024
Views: 24
Rating:
Save
Dr Kai-Keen Shiu - UCL Cancer Institute, London, UK

Dr Kai-Keen Shiu speaks to ecancer about NEOPRISM-CRC phase II clinical trial.

This trial evaluated the effectiveness of the immunotherapy drug pembrolizumab in improving outcomes for patients with stage two or stage three MMR deficient/MSI-high bowel cancer.

The results showed that 59% of patients had no signs of cancer after receiving pembrolizumab, while the remaining 41% had their cancer removed during surgery. Following the treatment, all patients involved in the trial were cancer-free.